Synonyms of television
- 1. television, telecasting, TV, video, broadcasting
- usage: broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects; "she is a star of screen and video"; "Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done" - Ernie Kovacs
- 2. television, television system, telecommunication system, telecom system, telecommunication equipment, telecom equipment
- usage: a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
- 3. television receiver, television, television set, tv, tv set, idiot box, boob tube, telly, goggle box, receiver, receiving system
- usage: an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen; "the British call a tv set a telly"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of television (Dictionary)