WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. temperamental
- usage: relating to or caused by temperament; "temperamental indifference to neatness"; "temperamental peculiarities"
- 2. moody, temperamental, emotional (vs. unemotional)
- usage: subject to sharply varying moods; "a temperamental opera singer"
- 3. erratic, temperamental, unreliable (vs. reliable), undependable (vs. dependable)
- usage: likely to perform unpredictably; "erratic winds are the bane of a sailor"; "a temperamental motor; sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn't"; "that beautiful but temperamental instrument the flute"- Osbert Lancaster
All rights reserved.
See also: temperamental (Dictionary)