- 1. temporal role, temporal, semantic role, participant role
- usage: the semantic role of the noun phrase that designates the time of the state or action denoted by the verb
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. temporal, impermanent (vs. permanent), temporary
- usage: not eternal; "temporal matters of but fleeting moment"- F.D.Roosevelt
- 2. temporal
- usage: of or relating to or limited by time; "temporal processing"; "temporal dimensions"; "temporal and spacial boundaries"; "music is a temporal art"
- 3. temporal
- usage: of or relating to the temples (the sides of the skull behind the orbit); "temporal bone"
- 4. worldly (vs. unworldly), secular, temporal, economic, material, materialistic, mercenary, worldly-minded, mundane, terrestrial, earthly, profane#2, secular, sophisticated
- usage: characteristic of or devoted to the temporal world as opposed to the spiritual world; "worldly goods and advancement"; "temporal possessions of the church"
- 5. temporal, earthly (vs. heavenly)
- usage: of this earth or world; "temporal joys"; "our temporal existence"
All rights reserved.
See also: temporal (Dictionary)