Synonyms of temporary
- 1. temp, temporary, temporary worker, worker
- usage: a worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis
- 1. impermanent (vs. permanent), temporary, acting(prenominal), ephemeral, passing, short-lived, transient, transitory, fugacious, episodic, evanescent, fly-by-night, improvised, jury-rigged, makeshift, interim, pro tem, pro tempore, shipboard, temporal, terminable, working(prenominal), unstable
- usage: not permanent; not lasting; "politics is an impermanent factor of life"- James Thurber; "impermanent palm cottages"; "a temperary arrangement"; "temporary housing"
- 2. irregular, temporary, part-time (vs. full-time), parttime
- usage: lacking continuity or regularity; "an irregular worker"; "employed on a temporary basis"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of temporary (Dictionary)