Synonyms of tempting
- 1. tempt, allure, invite, bid
- usage: dispose or incline or entice to; "We were tempted by the delicious-looking food"
- 2. entice, lure, tempt, provoke, stimulate
- usage: provoke someone to do something through (often false or exaggerated) promises or persuasion; "He lured me into temptation"
- 3. tempt, invite, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting; "the window displays tempted the shoppers"
- 4. charm, influence, tempt, persuade
- usage: induce into action by using one's charm; "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- 5. tempt, arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up
- usage: try to seduce
- 6. tempt, persuade
- usage: try presumptuously; "St. Anthony was tempted in the desert"
- 1. alluring, beguiling, enticing, tempting, seductive (vs. unseductive)
- usage: highly attractive and able to arouse hope or desire; "an alluring prospect"; "her alluring smile"; "the voice was low and beguiling"; "difficult to say no to an enticing advertisement"; "a tempting invitation"
- 2. tantalizing, tantalising, tempting, inviting (vs. uninviting)
- usage: very pleasantly inviting; "a tantalizing aroma"; "a tempting repast"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tempting (Dictionary)