WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inclination, disposition, tendency, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others; "he had an inclination to give up too easily"; "a tendency to be too strict"
- 2. leaning, propensity, tendency, inclination
- usage: an inclination to do something; "he felt leanings toward frivolity"
- 3. tendency, inclination, disposition
- usage: a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect; "the alkaline inclination of the local waters"; "fabric with a tendency to shrink"
- 4. tendency, trend, direction, way
- usage: a general direction in which something tends to move; "the shoreward tendency of the current"; "the trend of the stock market"
All rights reserved.
See also: tendency (Dictionary)