- 1. tenor, tenor voice, singing voice
- usage: the adult male singing voice above baritone
- 2. tenor, pitch
- usage: the pitch range of the highest male voice
- 3. tenor, singer, vocalist, vocalizer, vocaliser
- usage: an adult male with a tenor voice
- 4. tenor, direction
- usage: a settled or prevailing or habitual course of a person's life; "nothing disturbed the even tenor of her ways"
- 5. tenor, strain, meaning, substance
- usage: the general meaning or substance of an utterance; "although I disagreed with him I could follow the tenor of his argument"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tenor, high (vs. low), high-pitched
- usage: (of a musical instrument) intermediate between alto and baritone or bass; "a tenor sax"
- 2. tenor, high (vs. low), high-pitched
- usage: of or close in range to the highest natural adult male voice; "tenor voice"
All rights reserved.
See also: tenor (Dictionary)