Synonyms of tensed
- 1. strain, tense, tighten
- usage: become stretched or tense or taut; "the bodybuilder's neck muscles tensed;" "the rope strained when the weight was attached"
- 2. tense, change, alter, modify
- usage: increase the tension on; "alternately relax and tense your calf muscle"; "tense the rope manually before tensing the spring"
- 3. tense, tense up, change state, turn
- usage: become tense, nervous, or uneasy; "He tensed up when he saw his opponent enter the room"
- 4. tense, strain, tense up, affect
- usage: cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious; "he got a phone call from his lawyer that tensed him up"
- 1. tensed, finite (vs. infinite)
- usage: having inflections to indicate tense
All rights reserved.