Synonyms of terminal
- 1. terminal, terminus, depot, station
- usage: station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goods
- 2. terminal, pole, contact, tangency
- usage: a contact on an electrical device (such as a battery) at which electric current enters or leaves
- 3. end, terminal, extremity
- usage: either extremity of something that has length; "the end of the pier"; "she knotted the end of the thread"; "they rode to the end of the line"; "the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix"
- 4. terminal, electronic equipment
- usage: electronic equipment consisting of a device providing access to a computer; has a keyboard and display
- 1. terminal
- usage: of or relating to or situated at the ends of a delivery route; "freight pickup is a terminal service"; "terminal charges"
- 2. terminal
- usage: relating to or occurring in a term or fixed period of time; "terminal examinations"; "terminal payments"
- 3. terminal (vs. intermediate)
- usage: being or situated at an end; "the endmost pillar"; "terminal buds on a branch"; "a terminal station"; "the terminal syllable"
- 4. concluding, final, last, terminal, closing (vs. opening)
- usage: occurring at or forming an end or termination; "his concluding words came as a surprise"; "the final chapter"; "the last days of the dinosaurs"; "terminal leave"
- 5. terminal, fatal (vs. nonfatal)
- usage: causing or ending in or approaching death; "a terminal patient"; "terminal cancer"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of terminal (Dictionary)