Synonyms of terminated
- 1. end, terminate, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring to an end or halt; "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I"
- 2. end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
- 3. end, terminate, be
- usage: be the end of; be the last or concluding part of; "This sad scene ended the movie"
- 4. displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate, remove
- usage: terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
- 1. complete, concluded, ended, over(predicate), all over, terminated, finished (vs. unfinished)
- usage: having come or been brought to a conclusion; "the harvesting was complete"; "the affair is over, ended, finished"; "the abruptly terminated interview"
- 2. terminated, expired (vs. unexpired)
- usage: (of e.g. a contract or term of office) having come to an end
All rights reserved.