WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. panic, terror, affright, fear, fearfulness, fright
- usage: an overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety
- 2. terror, scourge, threat, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who inspires fear or dread; "he was the terror of the neighborhood"
- 3. terror, brat, little terror, holy terror, imp, scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag
- usage: a very troublesome child
- 4. terror, coercion
- usage: the use of extreme fear in order to coerce people (especially for political reasons); "he used terror to make them confess"
All rights reserved.
See also: terror (Dictionary)