Synonyms of test
- 1. trial, trial run, test, tryout, experiment, experimentation
- usage: trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
- 2. test, mental test, mental testing, psychometric test, mental measurement
- usage: any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc; "the test was standardized on a large sample of students"
- 3. examination, exam, test, communication, communicating
- usage: a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge; "when the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
- 4. test, trial, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: the act of undergoing testing; "he survived the great test of battle"; "candidates must compete in a trial of skill"
- 5. test, trial, run, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: the act of testing something; "in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"; "he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
- 6. test, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: a hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins
- 1. test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
- 2. screen, test, check
- usage: test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
- 3. quiz, test, examine
- usage: examine someone's knowledge of something; "The teacher tests us every week"; "We got quizzed on French irregular verbs"
- 4. test, be
- usage: show a certain characteristic when tested; "He tested positive for HIV"
- 5. test, score
- usage: achieve a certain score or rating on a test; "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
- 6. test, determine, check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
- usage: determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
- 7. test, take, submit
- usage: undergo a test; "She doesn't test well"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of test (Dictionary)