Synonyms of tested
- 1. test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
- 2. screen, test, check
- usage: test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
- 3. quiz, test, examine
- usage: examine someone's knowledge of something; "The teacher tests us every week"; "We got quizzed on French irregular verbs"
- 4. test, be
- usage: show a certain characteristic when tested; "He tested positive for HIV"
- 5. test, score
- usage: achieve a certain score or rating on a test; "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
- 6. test, determine, check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
- usage: determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
- 7. test, take, submit
- usage: undergo a test; "She doesn't test well"
- 1. tested, tried, well-tried, proved (vs. unproved), proven
- usage: tested and proved useful or correct; "a tested method"
- 2. tested, time-tested, tried, tried and true, reliable (vs. unreliable), dependable (vs. undependable)
- usage: tested and proved to be reliable
All rights reserved.