WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. text, textual matter, matter
- usage: the words of something written; "there were more than a thousand words of text"; "they handed out the printed text of the mayor's speech"; "he wants to reconstruct the original text"
- 2. text, passage
- usage: a passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon; "the preacher chose a text from Psalms to introduce his sermon"
- 3. textbook, text, text edition, schoolbook, school text, book
- usage: a book prepared for use in schools or colleges; "his economics textbook is in its tenth edition"; "the professor wrote the text that he assigned students to buy"
- 4. text, matter
- usage: the main body of a written work (as distinct from illustrations or footnotes etc.); "pictures made the text easier to understand"
All rights reserved.
See also: text (Dictionary)