WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. texture, tactile property, feel
- usage: the feel of a surface or a fabric; "the wall had a smooth texture"
- 2. texture, quality, character, lineament
- usage: the essential quality of something; "the texture of Neapolitan life"
- 3. texture, musicality, musicalness
- usage: the musical pattern created by parts being played or sung together; "then another melodic line is added to the texture"
- 4. texture, visual property
- usage: the characteristic appearance of a surface having a tactile quality
- 5. texture, grain, constitution, composition, physical composition, makeup, make-up
- usage: the physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance); "breadfruit has the same texture as bread"; "sand of a fine grain"; "fish with a delicate flavor and texture"; "a stone of coarse grain"
All rights reserved.
See also: texture (Dictionary)