Synonyms of thaw
- 1. thaw, melt, thawing, melting, heating, warming, phase change, phase transition, state change, physical change
- usage: the process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid; "the power failure caused a refrigerator melt that was a disaster"; "the thawing of a frozen turkey takes several hours"
- 2. thaw, thawing, warming, weather, weather condition, conditions, atmospheric condition
- usage: warm weather following a freeze; snow and ice melt; "they welcomed the spring thaw"
- 3. thaw, relaxation, loosening, slackening
- usage: a relaxation or slackening of tensions or reserve; becoming less hostile; "the thaw between the United States and Russia has led to increased cooperation in world affairs"
- 1. dissolve, thaw, unfreeze, unthaw, dethaw, melt, liquefy, flux, liquify
- usage: become or cause to become soft or liquid; "The sun melted the ice"; "the ice thawed"; "the ice cream melted"; "The heat melted the wax"; "The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"; "dethaw the meat"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of thaw (Dictionary)