Synonyms of think
- 1. think, deliberation, weighing, advisement
- usage: an instance of deliberate thinking; "I need to give it a good think"
- 1. think, believe, consider, conceive, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge or regard; look upon; judge; "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- 2. think, opine, suppose, imagine, reckon, guess, expect, anticipate
- usage: expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- 3. think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments; "I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- 4. remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think
- usage: recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- 5. think, imagine, conceive of, ideate, envisage
- usage: imagine or visualize; "Just think--you could be rich one day!"; "Think what a scene it must have been!"
- 6. think, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: focus one's attention on a certain state; "Think big"; "think thin"
- 7. intend, mean, think
- usage: have in mind as a purpose; "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn't think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
- 8. think, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting; "Can you think what to do next?"
- 9. think, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: ponder; reflect on, or reason about; "Think the matter through"; "Think how hard life in Russia must be these days"
- 10. think, think, believe, consider, conceive
- usage: dispose the mind in a certain way; "Do you really think so?"
- 11. think, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: have or formulate in the mind; "think good thoughts"
- 12. think
- usage: be capable of conscious thought; "Man is the only creature that thinks"
- 13. think, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation; "She thought herself into a state of panic over the final exam"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of think (Dictionary)