WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Thomson, Virgil Thomson, Virgil Garnett Thomson
- usage: United States composer who collaborated with Gertrude Stein (1896-1989)
- 2. Thomson, Elihu Thomson
- usage: United States electrical engineer (born in England) who in 1892 formed a company with Thomas Edison (1853-1937)
- 3. Thomson, George Paget Thomson, Sir George Paget Thomson
- usage: English physicist (son of Joseph John Thomson) who was a co-discoverer of the diffraction of electrons by crystals (1892-1975)
- 4. Thomson, Joseph John Thomson, Sir Joseph John Thomson
- usage: English physicist who experimented with the conduction of electricity through gases and who discovered the electron and determined its charge and mass (1856-1940)
All rights reserved.
See also: thomson (Dictionary)