WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. irritant, thorn, annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass
- usage: something that causes irritation and annoyance; "he's a thorn in my flesh"
- 2. spine, thorn, prickle, pricker, sticker, spikelet, aculeus
- usage: a small sharp-pointed tip resembling a spike on a stem or leaf
- 3. thorn, rune, runic letter
- usage: a Germanic character of runic origin
All rights reserved.
See also: thorn (Dictionary)