Synonyms of thread
- 1. thread, yarn, cord
- usage: a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- 2. ribbon, thread, object, physical object
- usage: any long object resembling a thin line; "a mere ribbon of land"; "the lighted ribbon of traffic"; "from the air the road was a grey thread"; "a thread of smoke climbed upward"
- 3. train of thought, thread, thinking, thought, thought process, cerebration, intellection, mentation
- usage: the connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together; "I couldn't follow his train of thought"; "he lost the thread of his argument"
- 4. screw thread, thread, rib
- usage: the raised helical rib going around a screw
- 1. weave, wind, thread, meander, wander, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- 2. thread, guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: pass a thread through; "thread a needle"
- 3. thread, extract, pull out, pull, pull up, take out, draw out
- usage: remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string; "She had her eyebrows threaded"
- 4. thread, guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: pass through or into; "thread tape"; "thread film"
- 5. string, thread, draw, arrange, set up
- usage: thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of thread (Dictionary)