WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. endanger, jeopardize, jeopardise, menace, threaten, imperil, peril, exist, be
- usage: pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
- 2. threaten, warn
- usage: to utter intentions of injury or punishment against:"He threatened me when I tried to call the police"
- 3. threaten, bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict
- usage: to be a menacing indication of something:"The clouds threaten rain"; "Danger threatens"
All rights reserved.
See also: threaten (Dictionary)