Synonyms of threatened
- 1. endanger, jeopardize, jeopardise, menace, threaten, imperil, peril, exist, be
- usage: pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
- 2. threaten, warn
- usage: to utter intentions of injury or punishment against:"He threatened me when I tried to call the police"
- 3. threaten, bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict
- usage: to be a menacing indication of something:"The clouds threaten rain"; "Danger threatens"
- 1. threatened, vulnerable (vs. invulnerable)
- usage: (of flora or fauna) likely in the near future to become endangered; "the spotted owl is a threatened species, not yet an endangered one"
All rights reserved.