Synonyms of throbbing
- 1. throb, throbbing, pounding, pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat
- usage: an instance of rapid strong pulsation (of the heart); "he felt a throbbing in his head"
- 2. throbbing, sound
- usage: a sound with a strong rhythmic beat; "the throbbing of the engines"
- 1. throb, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: pulsate or pound with abnormal force; "my head is throbbing"; "Her heart was throbbing"
- 2. pulsate, throb, pulse, beat, pound, thump
- usage: expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
- 3. shudder, shiver, throb, thrill, tremble
- usage: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- 1. throbbing, rhythmical (vs. unrhythmical), rhythmic
- usage: pounding or beating strongly or violently; "a throbbing pain"; "the throbbing engine of the boat"
All rights reserved.