- 1. thump, thumping, clump, clunk, thud, sound
- usage: a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
- 1. beat, pound, thump, move
- usage: move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast"
- 2. thud, thump, sound, go
- usage: make a dull sound; "the knocker thudded against the front door"
- 3. thump, pound, poke, hit
- usage: hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. humongous, banging, thumping, whopping, walloping, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: (used informally) very large; "a thumping loss"
All rights reserved.
See also: thumping (Dictionary)