- 1. boom, roar, roaring, thunder, noise
- usage: a deep prolonged loud noise
- 2. thunder, noise
- usage: a booming or crashing noise caused by air expanding along the path of a bolt of lightning
- 3. big H, hell dust, nose drops, smack, thunder, skag, scag, heroin, diacetylmorphine
- usage: street names for heroin
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. thunder, move
- usage: move fast, noisily, and heavily; "The bus thundered down the road"
- 2. thunder, roar, shout
- usage: utter words loudly and forcefully; "`Get out of here,' he roared"
- 3. thunder, boom
- usage: be the case that thunder is being heard; "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
- 4. thunder, roar, howl
- usage: to make or produce a loud noise; "The river thundered below"; "The engine roared as the driver pushed the car to full throttle"
All rights reserved.
See also: thunder (Dictionary)