- 1. thunder, move
- usage: move fast, noisily, and heavily; "The bus thundered down the road"
- 2. thunder, roar, shout
- usage: utter words loudly and forcefully; "`Get out of here,' he roared"
- 3. thunder, boom
- usage: be the case that thunder is being heard; "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
- 4. thunder, roar, howl
- usage: to make or produce a loud noise; "The river thundered below"; "The engine roared as the driver pushed the car to full throttle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. thundering, noisy (vs. quiet)
- usage: sounding like thunder; "the thundering herd"
- 2. thundering, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: extraordinarily big or impressive; "a thundering success"; "the thundering silence of what was left unsaid"
All rights reserved.
See also: thundering (Dictionary)