Synonyms of thus
- 1. frankincense, olibanum, gum olibanum, thus, gum
- usage: an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
- 1. therefore, hence, thence, thus, so
- usage: (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result; "therefore X must be true"; "the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory"; "we were young and thence optimistic"; "it is late and thus we must go"; "the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted"
- 2. thus, thusly, so
- usage: in the way indicated; "hold the brush so"; "set up the pieces thus"; (`thusly' is a nonstandard variant)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of thus (Dictionary)