Synonyms of thwarting
- 1. frustration, thwarting, foiling, hindrance, hinderance, interference
- usage: an act of hindering someone's plans or efforts
- 1. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 1. frustrating, frustrative, thwarting, preventive (vs. permissive), preventative
- usage: preventing realization or attainment of a desire
All rights reserved.