- 1. tick, ticking, sound
- usage: a metallic tapping sound; "he counted the ticks of the clock"
- 2. tick, acarine
- usage: any of two families of small parasitic arachnids with barbed proboscis; feed on blood of warm-blooded animals
- 3. check mark, check, tick, mark
- usage: a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.; "as he called the role he put a check mark by each student's name"
- 4. tick, mattress
- usage: a light mattress
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. click, tick, sound, go
- usage: make a clicking or ticking sound; "The clock ticked away"
- 2. tick, ticktock, ticktack, beat, sound, go
- usage: make a sound like a clock or a timer; "the clocks were ticking"; "the grandfather clock beat midnight"
- 3. tick, retick, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew; "tick a mattress"
- 4. check, check off, mark, mark off, tick off, tick, verify
- usage: put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
All rights reserved.
See also: tick (Dictionary)