- 1. tick, ticking, sound
- usage: a metallic tapping sound; "he counted the ticks of the clock"
- 2. ticking, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a strong fabric used for mattress and pillow covers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. click, tick, sound, go
- usage: make a clicking or ticking sound; "The clock ticked away"
- 2. tick, ticktock, ticktack, beat, sound, go
- usage: make a sound like a clock or a timer; "the clocks were ticking"; "the grandfather clock beat midnight"
- 3. tick, retick, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew; "tick a mattress"
- 4. check, check off, mark, mark off, tick off, tick, verify
- usage: put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
All rights reserved.
See also: ticking (Dictionary)