Synonyms of tidal wave
- 1. tidal wave, manifestation
- usage: an overwhelming manifestation of some emotion or phenomenon; "a tidal wave of nausea"; "the flood of letters hit him with the force of a tidal wave"; "a tidal wave of crime"
- 2. tidal wave, wave, moving ridge, calamity, catastrophe, disaster, tragedy, cataclysm
- usage: an unusual (and often destructive) rise of water along the seashore caused by a storm or a combination of wind and high tide
- 3. tidal wave, wave, moving ridge
- usage: a wave resulting from the periodic flow of the tides that is caused by the gravitational attraction of the moon and sun
All rights reserved.