WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grade, level, tier, rank
- usage: a relative position or degree of value in a graded group; "lumber of the highest grade"
- 2. tier, rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
- usage: any one of two or more competitors who tie one another
- 3. tier, tier up, worker
- usage: a worker who ties something
- 4. tier, rope
- usage: something that is used for tying; "the sail is fastened to the yard with tiers"
- 5. tier, layer, bed
- usage: one of two or more layers one atop another; "tier upon tier of huge casks"; "a three-tier wedding cake"
All rights reserved.
See also: tier (Dictionary)