Synonyms of tightening
- 1. tightening, alteration, modification, adjustment
- usage: the act of making something tighter; "the tightening of economic controls"
- 1. tighten, fasten, change, alter, modify
- usage: make tight or tighter; "Tighten the wire"
- 2. tighten, change
- usage: become tight or tighter; "The rope tightened"
- 3. stiffen, tighten, tighten up, constrain, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: restrict; "Tighten the rules"; "stiffen the regulations"
- 4. reduce, tighten, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: narrow or limit; "reduce the influx of foreigners"
All rights reserved.