- 1. tile, slab
- usage: a flat thin rectangular slab (as of fired clay or rubber or linoleum) used to cover surfaces
- 2. tile, roofing tile, roofing material
- usage: a thin flat slab of fired clay used for roofing
- 3. tile, man, piece
- usage: game equipment consisting of a flat thin piece marked with characters and used in board games like Mah-Jong, Scrabble, etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tile, cover
- usage: cover with tiles; "tile the wall and the floor of the bathroom"
All rights reserved.
See also: tile (Dictionary)