WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lumber, timber, building material
- usage: the wood of trees cut and prepared for use as building material
- 2. timber, beam
- usage: a beam made of wood
- 3. timber, post
- usage: a post made of wood
- 4. forest, woodland, timberland, timber, land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma, biome
- usage: land that is covered with trees and shrubs
- 5. timbre, timber, quality, tone, sound property
- usage: (music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound); "the timbre of her soprano was rich and lovely"; "the muffled tones of the broken bell summoned them to meet"
All rights reserved.
See also: timber (Dictionary)