- 1. timely, punctual (vs. unpunctual)
- usage: before a time limit expires; "the timely filing of his income tax return"
- 2. timely, seasonable, well-timed(prenominal), well timed(predicate), opportune (vs. inopportune)
- usage: done or happening at the appropriate or proper time; "a timely warning"; "with timely treatment the patient has a good chance of recovery"; "a seasonable time for discussion"; "the book's publication was well timed"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. seasonably, timely, well-timed, apropos
- usage: at an opportune time; "your letter arrived apropos"
All rights reserved.
See also: timely (Dictionary)