- 1. tin, Sn, atomic number 50, metallic element, metal
- usage: a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide
- 2. tin, vessel
- usage: a vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking
- 3. canister, cannister, tin, container
- usage: metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
- 4. can, tin, tin can, container
- usage: airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tin, plate
- usage: plate with tin
- 2. can, tin, put up, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- 3. tin, plate
- usage: prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
All rights reserved.
See also: tin (Dictionary)