- 1. tincture, coloring material, colouring material, color, colour
- usage: a substances that colors metals
- 2. trace, vestige, tincture, shadow, indication, indicant
- usage: an indication that something has been present; "there wasn't a trace of evidence for the claim"; "a tincture of condescension"
- 3. shade, tint, tincture, tone, color, colour, coloring, colouring
- usage: a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color; "after several trials he mixed the shade of pink that she wanted"
- 4. tincture, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: (pharmacology) a medicine consisting of an extract in an alcohol solution
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impregnate, infuse, instill, tincture, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill, as with a certain quality; "The heavy traffic tinctures the air with carbon monoxide"
- 2. tincture, tint, tinct, tinge, touch
- usage: stain or tint with a color; "The leaves were tinctured with a bright red"
All rights reserved.
See also: tincture (Dictionary)