Synonyms of tinker
- 1. tinker, tinkerer, experimenter
- usage: a person who enjoys fixing and experimenting with machines and their parts
- 2. tinker, itinerant, gypsy, gipsy
- usage: formerly a person (traditionally a Gypsy) who traveled from place to place mending pots and kettles and other metal utensils as a way to earn a living
- 3. chub mackerel, tinker, Scomber japonicus, mackerel
- usage: small mackerel found nearly worldwide
- 1. putter, mess around, potter, tinker, monkey, monkey around, muck about, muck around, work
- usage: do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly; "The old lady is usually mucking about in her little house"
- 2. tinker, work, do work
- usage: work as a tinker or tinkerer
- 3. tinker, fiddle, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: try to fix or mend; "Can you tinker with the T.V. set--it's not working right"; "She always fiddles with her van on the weekend"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tinker (Dictionary)