- 1. tinsel, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: a showy decoration that is basically valueless; "all the tinsel of self-promotion"
- 2. tinsel, thread, yarn
- usage: a thread with glittering metal foil attached
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tinsel, lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring
- usage: impart a cheap brightness to; "his tinseled image of Hollywood"
- 2. tinsel, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: adorn with tinsel; "snow flakes tinseled the trees"
- 3. tinsel, weave, interweave
- usage: interweave with tinsel; "tinseled velvet"
All rights reserved.
See also: tinsel (Dictionary)