- 1. tip, end, terminal
- usage: the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
- 2. gratuity, tip, pourboire, baksheesh, bakshish, bakshis, backsheesh, fringe benefit, perquisite, perk
- usage: a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
- 3. tip, lead, steer, confidential information, wind, hint, guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction
- usage: an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
- 4. point, tip, peak, convex shape, convexity
- usage: a V shape; "the cannibal's teeth were filed to sharp points"
- 5. peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tip, reorient
- usage: cause to tilt; "tip the screen upward"
- 2. tip, mark
- usage: mark with a tip; "tip the arrow with the small stone"
- 3. tip, fee, bung, give, gift, present
- usage: give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on; "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
- 4. topple, tumble, tip, push, force
- usage: cause to topple or tumble by pushing
- 5. lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle, bend, flex
- usage: to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
- 6. tiptoe, tip, tippytoe, walk
- usage: walk on one's toes
- 7. tap, tip, strike
- usage: strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
- 8. tip off, tip, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: give insider information or advise to; "He tipped off the police about the terrorist plot"
- 9. tip, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the tip from; "tip artichokes"
All rights reserved.
See also: tip (Dictionary)