- 1. toast, bread, breadstuff, staff of life
- usage: slices of bread that have been toasted
- 2. toast, celebrity, famous person
- usage: a celebrity who receives much acclaim and attention; "he was the toast of the town"
- 3. goner, toast, desperate
- usage: a person in desperate straits; someone doomed; "I'm a goner if this plan doesn't work"; "one mistake and you're toast"
- 4. pledge, toast, drink
- usage: a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crispen, toast, crisp, heat, heat up
- usage: make brown and crisp by heating; "toast bread"; "crisp potatoes"
- 2. toast, drink, pledge, salute, wassail, honor, honour, reward
- usage: propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
All rights reserved.
See also: toast (Dictionary)