WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom, room
- usage: a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- 2. toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne, plumbing fixture
- usage: a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- 3. gutter, sewer, toilet, misfortune, bad luck, tough luck, ill luck
- usage: misfortune resulting in lost effort or money; "his career was in the gutter"; "all that work went down the sewer"; "pensions are in the toilet"
- 4. toilet, toilette, dressing, grooming
- usage: the act of dressing and preparing yourself; "he made his morning toilet and went to breakfast"
All rights reserved.
See also: toilet (Dictionary)