Synonyms of tolerate
- 1. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- 2. tolerate, respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe
- usage: recognize and respect (rights and beliefs of others); "We must tolerate the religions of others"
- 3. tolerate, suffer, endure
- usage: have a tolerance for a poison or strong drug or pathogen or environmental condition; "The patient does not tolerate the anti-inflammatory drugs we gave him"
- 4. allow, permit, tolerate, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting; "We don't allow dogs here"; "Children are not permitted beyond this point"; "We cannot tolerate smoking in the hospital"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tolerate (Dictionary)