Synonyms of tongue
- 1. tongue, lingua, glossa, clapper, organ, articulator
- usage: a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- 2. natural language, tongue, language, linguistic communication
- usage: a human written or spoken language used by a community; opposed to e.g. a computer language
- 3. tongue, knife, projection
- usage: any long thin projection that is transient; "tongues of flame licked at the walls"; "rifles exploded quick knives of fire into the dark"
- 4. tongue, manner of speaking, speech, delivery
- usage: a manner of speaking; "he spoke with a thick tongue"; "she has a glib tongue"
- 5. spit, tongue, cape, ness
- usage: a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- 6. tongue, variety meat, organs
- usage: the tongue of certain animals used as meat
- 7. tongue, flap
- usage: the flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot
- 8. clapper, tongue, striker
- usage: metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side
- 1. tongue, play, spiel
- usage: articulate by tonguing, as when playing wind instruments
- 2. tongue, lick, lap
- usage: lick or explore with the tongue
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tongue (Dictionary)