WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tooth, bone, os
- usage: hard bonelike structures in the jaws of vertebrates; used for biting and chewing or for attack and defense
- 2. tooth, projection
- usage: something resembling the tooth of an animal
- 3. tooth, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: toothlike structure in invertebrates found in the mouth or alimentary canal or on a shell
- 4. tooth, means, agency, way
- usage: a means of enforcement; "the treaty had no teeth in it"
- 5. tooth, projection
- usage: one of a number of uniform projections on a gear
All rights reserved.
See also: tooth (Dictionary)