WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. topology, topography
- usage: topographic study of a given place (especially the history of the place as indicated by its topography); "Greenland's topology has been shaped by the glaciers of the ice age"
- 2. regional anatomy, topographic anatomy, topology, anatomy, general anatomy
- usage: the study of anatomy based on regions or divisions of the body and emphasizing the relations between various structures (muscles and nerves and arteries etc.) in that region
- 3. topology, analysis situs, pure mathematics
- usage: the branch of pure mathematics that deals only with the properties of a figure X that hold for every figure into which X can be transformed with a one-to-one correspondence that is continuous in both directions
- 4. topology, network topology, configuration, constellation
- usage: the configuration of a communication network
All rights reserved.
See also: topology (Dictionary)