Synonyms of topping
- 1. topping, garnish
- usage: a flavorful addition on top of a dish
- 1. exceed, transcend, overstep, pass, go past, top, excel, stand out, surpass
- usage: be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
- 2. clear, top, pass, overtake, overhaul
- usage: pass by, over, or under without making contact; "the balloon cleared the tree tops"
- 3. top, lie
- usage: be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point; "A star tops the Christmas Tree"
- 4. lead, top
- usage: be ahead of others; be the first; "she topped her class every year"
- 5. top, top out, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure); "the towers were topped with conical roofs"
- 6. top, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: reach or ascend the top of; "The hikers topped the mountain just before noon"
- 7. top, hit
- usage: strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
- 8. top, pinch, snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back
- usage: cut the top off; "top trees and bushes"
- 9. crown, top, culminate, climax
- usage: be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
- 10. top, top off, complete, finish
- usage: finish up or conclude; "They topped off their dinner with a cognac"; "top the evening with champagne"
- 1. top-flight, top-hole, topping, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: excellent; best possible
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of topping (Dictionary)