- 1. torch, light, light source
- usage: a light usually carried in the hand; consists of some flammable substance
- 2. common mullein, great mullein, Aaron's rod, flannel mullein, woolly mullein, torch, Verbascum thapsus, mullein, flannel leaf, velvet plant
- usage: tall-stalked very woolly mullein with densely packed yellow flowers; ancient Greeks and Romans dipped the stalks in tallow for funeral torches
- 3. flashlight, torch, electric lamp
- usage: a small portable battery-powered electric lamp
- 4. blowtorch, torch, blowlamp, burner
- usage: a burner that mixes air and gas to produce a very hot flame
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. torch, burn, fire, burn down
- usage: burn maliciously, as by arson; "The madman torched the barns"
All rights reserved.
See also: torch (Dictionary)