Synonyms of tore
- 1. torus, tore, molding, moulding
- usage: commonly the lowest molding at the base of a column
- 1. tear, rupture, snap, bust, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- 2. tear, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: to separate or be separated by force; "planks were in danger of being torn from the crossbars"
- 3. tear, shoot, shoot down, charge, buck, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- 4. pluck, pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume, strip
- usage: strip of feathers; "pull a chicken"; "pluck the capon"
- 5. tear, cry, weep
- usage: fill with tears or shed tears; "Her eyes were tearing"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tore (Dictionary)